[TheThinkTank] Bike Storage Optimization

Cyclista Nicholas cyclista at inventati.org
Sun Jun 7 19:33:26 PDT 2020

Here's some not-great images of the way we maximize storage for bikes.
Basically, vertically, using a hook on the wall for the front wheel. It
helps to have some kind of cradles for the wheels/tires to fit into, but
you don't have to.

It's best to stagger them (as in the outdoor picture), one up, the next
down, the next up, and so on. The spacing is about 11" vertically
between the lower bike and the higher one, and 12" horizontally, bike to
bike. This spacing and staggering should give enough room for the
handlebars not to tangle too much and the cranks not to either.

~cyclista Nicholas