[TheThinkTank] Online Collaborative Workshop on Safe & Effective Shop Operations

Xail Hernandez xail at workingbikes.org
Tue Jun 9 11:49:11 PDT 2020

Hello Robert,
My name is Xail from Working Bikes in Chicago. I am very much interested in
participating in your workshop. Is there still time to sign in? Let me
know. Gracias!

On Fri, Jun 5, 2020 at 4:44 PM Robert Grossman <rgrossman7 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I wanted to invite the bike collective community to a collaborative online
> workshop  to make a bit more sense of operating safely & effectively both
> in the short and long terms, volunteer management, and shop's capacity for
> providing services.
>
> Day: Friday June 12
> Time: 3pm Central Time
>
> This will be a three-part structured workshop where participants will be
> paired up with each other and begin to chart the trends they are seeing. We
> will then look at these as a group. The second part will be working
> together in small groups to sort out what services you feel are critical to
> address, the activities to make them happen, and what the cultural aspects
> for each will be. The final part will be individual or by shop, by focusing
> on who it is you are serving, what you are offering them, the opportunities
> there, and the risks involved.
>
> I realize that some shops have already figured this stuff out, but I know
> there are several that are still struggling with it. This is to help them.
> It would be great to have participants who can share how they have worked
> things out.
>
> It is a 45 minute long workshop. We will be using Zoom for meeting
> together and Freehand by Invision to collaborate. I built this workshop in
> grad school and this is the first time doing it digitally. I plan to record
> it so I can see what works and what doesn't.  Please go easy me :p
>

> Email me directly if you are interested and I will send you the invites.
>

> --
> Robert Grossman
> www.robertgrossmandesign.com
> https://twitter.com/rgrossmandesign
> https://www.linkedin.com/in/robertgrossman7
> <https://www.linkedin.com/in/rgrossman7>
> https://www.flickr.com/photos/robkeebler/albums

*Xail Hernandez *(She, Her)

*Service Department Manager*
Working Bikes *|* 2434 S Western Ave. Chicago, IL 60608
*P* 773.847.5440
www.workingbikes.org