[TheThinkTank] Outdoor public repair stands

David Oliver nowhere3 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 20:58:44 PDT 2020

Hey David (also David),

Your wording of "positive use" is, in my reading, kind've fucked up. So
curious what you mean by that. I'm sure the stands that we have are used by
people that have stolen bikes but do those people not deserve to be able to
fix their bikes? Who do you rob of the resource by trying to police its use?

If you're seeing people camp out at the stand then maybe that's a good sign
that you need more of them. Again, rather than trying to restrict it.

And while totally off topic from repair stands I hope WalkNRoll is
seriously reconsidering its partnering with police:
https://www.facebook.com/WalkNRollIT/posts/2541024292880040

Thanks, David