[TheThinkTank] Service Tickets and Bike Tags

Josh Bisker jbisker at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 12:51:05 PDT 2020

Hi Amanda, here's the checklist I'm developing. It's meant to be printed
like a zine, and tucked into a vinyl ticket holder hanging from the bars of
each bike. I've gotten really positive responses to it from the folks who
have used it, especially novice mechanics, and I've actually found it
really helpful myself. Would love feedback from y'all as well!

Screen readable
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NUXLi0VwDK2HhKNgj_moS1WeuTQ_pgnW/view?usp=sharing>
Printable
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Sp2pbLV1zKEkCTd_ubIdjyzhFEMAXSwb/view?usp=sharing>

Most of the checklists I've seen either seem to be optimized to fit onto as
little a piece of paper as humanly possible, meaning that they're cluttered
and hard to use and sometimes also very terse, or they're too comprehensive
and therefore packed and cluttered and unreadable. I approached this as a
teaching / learning tool, not just a checklist, so I feel great about
giving more space for it. Yes, it's a few pieces of paper. But this is an
educational tool, and anyway, we have bigger fish to fry.

FYI though, it's oriented at building or refurbing a bike or giving a real
tune-up, as opposed to a quick once over (still working on that version).

Josh Bisker
914-500-9890
New York Mechanical Gardens Bike Co-op <http://bikecoop.nyc/>
596 Acres <http://596acres.org/>