[TheThinkTank] the virus and community bike shops

Jim Sheehan jim at ohiocitycycles.org
Fri Mar 13 06:16:34 PDT 2020

Interesting ideas, Jeff.  I am looking for good guidance on sanitizing, to
little avail.

Also, re Peter at BikeClarkCounty's post, who wrote, "...We have spray bottles
with 5:1 water bleach recommend ratio ..."
That seemed a very high ratio; I found this from CDC
<https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/home/cleaning-disinfection.html>
(192 to 1 ratio) :

Prepare a bleach solution by mixing:

   - 5 tablespoons (1/3rd cup) bleach per gallon of water or
   - 4 teaspoons bleach per quart of water

OCBC posted yesterday that we would take measures but stay open. Reconsidering
this approach, with the recent report of probable 100k infected individuals
in Ohio.

Stay safe, all!
Jim Sheehan
Executive Director