[TheThinkTank] the virus and community bike shops, essential services thought

Bob Giordano mist at strans.org
Fri Mar 13 11:38:52 PDT 2020

Just a quick thought on 'essential services':

I think that community bicycle shops are essential
for healthy, vibrant, socially just communities,
in today's 'modern' age.... especially as a long
term strategy to improve our cooperative systems.

Community bicycle shops are likely not essential
as far as absolute survival and in the context of
remaining open during this pandemic.

Hopefully we've all done enough community work
to help people learn skills to work together
and fix things, with our without a dedicated
space.

Just wanted to put this thought out there, as
many shops are deciding how to move forward.

Thanks, Bob Giordano, Free Cycles Missoula