[TheThinkTank] emergency bicycle services, helping each other

Kevin Dwyer kevidwyer at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 13:47:45 PDT 2020

Attached is a flyer that our local trails group developed in conjunction
with the County health department. You may want to post it on your door.

On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 2:41 PM Bob Giordano <mist at strans.org> wrote:

> Free Cycles Missoula closed immediately last week
> after we asked 'what are others thinking?'.
>
> We decided to not have people gather at all here,
> even outside the shop with tools/pump.
>
> We did however lock an emergency bike in
> front, a couple times so far, for a couple
> people with emergency needs. We did the same
> with a couple 'people's project' bikes that
> were very close to ridable, and the person
> could come take it away at their convenience.
>
> There is a mutual aid group that just formed
> here in Missoula, and we are working with
> them to find safe and responsible ways to
> continue 'emergency service'.
>
> Missoula is very walkable, fortuneately.
>
> We also had a local foundation reach out and ask,
> 'How are you doing?' She indicated that their
> foundation will be looking to help non profits
> very soon. I imagine foundations everywhere are
> discussing the same thing. Please be in touch with
> any and all funding agencies, as help is likely to
> come to those that help others.
>
> Missoula County just 'forbear' the next round of
> loan payments (we utilized one of their economic
> development loans to purchase this property),
> so that helps us too.
>
> Let's continue to try to help each other, as we
> can!
>
> Bob Giordano, Director, Free Cycles Missoula

Kevin Dwyer
801.647.0797

IMPORTANT:  This communication is intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed.  It may contain information
that is confidential and/or protected by the attorney-client or other
applicable privilege.  If you are not the intended recipient, or if you are
not responsible for delivering this communication to the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that the disclosure of this
communication in error, please notify me immediately by telephone at (801)
647-0797, and return the original message to me at the above address via
email.  Thank you.