[TheThinkTank] staff review docs

Kevin Dwyer kevidwyer at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 18:12:27 PDT 2020

Great way to stay productive and improve the org! I like the contents of
the document and its tone, though I would change the "I" statements in the
intro to "we". Some non-open ended questions could serve to rank things or
get info about certain work subject matter (Here is a list of X essential
functions, please rate A. your interest and B. your ability for each one).
Think about very specific daily work things like lunch, open hours, pricing
and see if you can get info that is helpful for the individual and org.

I'm familiar with 360 degree reviews and they have worked well for the
persons and orgs. They seem particularly appropriate and useful for flat
organizations like co-ops and collectives where it is more like peer review
and how the org often functions in practice.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/360-degree_feedback

https://hbr.org/2012/09/getting-360-degree-reviews-right

On Mon, Mar 23, 2020 at 5:13 PM Geoff Heath <mech at thewrench.ca> wrote:

> Hey folks
> So all this Covid-19/work from home whackiness has left me with some much
> needed admin time.  Silver lining?
> I'm looking at revamping our staff reviews.  I've attached what we used
> last year, which was great in lots of ways and a doc I want to continue to
> use.  It's a goal-setting/self-review doc that I took the feedback from and
> worked performance feedback into.
> But I'm considering alternating years with a more traditional review
> process that measures folks' natural skillsets & personalities against
> their job descriptions and performance.
> Anyone have a staff performance review that they like and find useful?
> Thanks!
>
> Geoff Heath, Education Director
> The Winnipeg Repair Education N' Cycling Hub
> 1057 Logan Ave. Winnipeg, MB  R3E 3N8
> Treaty 1 Territory, Homeland of the Metis Nation
> http://www.thewrench.ca
> 204-296-3389

Kevin Dwyer
801.647.0797

IMPORTANT:  This communication is intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed.  It may contain information
that is confidential and/or protected by the attorney-client or other
applicable privilege.  If you are not the intended recipient, or if you are
not responsible for delivering this communication to the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that the disclosure of this
communication in error, please notify me immediately by telephone at (801)
647-0797, and return the original message to me at the above address via
email.  Thank you.