[TheThinkTank] Insurance for Collectives Offering Repair Services

Aaron Shaw atshaw at ucdavis.edu
Wed Oct 7 23:51:40 PDT 2020

Hey Bike-tankers,

Many collectives seem to be offering repair services during Covid-times to
help keep the lights on. Some non-profit shops have been offering repair
services <https://freewheelbikes.org/service-and-repair/> for a while.
There has been some mention of repair liability insurance and I would like
to know more. Our shop is considering offering repair services, and I am
wondering...Is it a good idea? Do we need insurance? Where can we find
insurance? How much does it cost? Those types of things...

Thanks in advance!

Aaron