[TheThinkTank] Anyone have a Lone Working Policy? Looking for a template to build ours from!

cyclista at inventati.org cyclista at inventati.org
Wed Apr 13 23:43:06 PDT 2022

Also using power tools! I'm un the U.S, but it's something I think about
a lot when building things alone. Pretty much very time I start up the
circular saw, I imagine the scenario for "ok what if I slip and saw
myself".

This reminds me of the protocols for caving in places with active water
tables; always let someone know your coordinates and expected timetables
so that there will be a check-in if you go outside those parameters.
Sort of a deadswitch (ideally to **prevent** the dying O_O! ). This just
seems like smart protocol/policy for any potentially dangerous activity
conducted in isolation.

Thanks for bringing this up Doireann!! It's something we in the U.S.,
including myself, should think more about.

~cyclista Nicholas