[TheThinkTank] looking for current info on orgs that move/donate surplus bikes

DancesWithCars danceswithcars at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 01:32:28 PDT 2022

I think there was
A little non profit (/cache
/hoard seems harsh especially since I've kept most of my lifetime
wheels/limit)
Near Glen Carlyn library South Arlington)

Not sure where they were
 being sent, child (+lawyer($)/church(es)+++) effort?
But some may get a
 (summer break/sebattical) trip
 over to some overseas
with/after the container
'for support/coordination...'

Not unlike OneLapTopPerChild OLPC competition/grants
'back in the day': 2008?ish

HTH

BTW BikesForTheWorld sells off some high end bikes donated locally to fund
staff/shipping/expenses afaict
PrePanDemic 2x/year bike+ (seasonal) Sales at BloomingDale Farmers
Market/BigBear restaurant site
Mug, t-shirt, etc as well...
PhoenixBikes, TBH, BftW ++ Etc involved...

CoLocated collection(s)
with TheBikeHouse
Ace hardware in PetWorth formerly called Annie's
(She kept 2nd store in BrookLand close to MetBranchTrail &&
GearinUp moved irrc nearBy)

Chuck Brown anniversary
Coming up maybe swing by his Memorial park & GoGo/
Block Party
and troll for updated info, actually visit...

But got a rather annoying flat again so mood low, etc

Y(M|Km|Nm|$Units)MV

ABove Some leads for those with bandwidth/spoons
 to look into
Hint(s): +gMaps photos before archived etc