[TheThinkTank] Wholesale account

DancesWithCars danceswithcars at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 02:23:11 PDT 2022

Afaict need stable shipping location so can be delivered WhenEver
(++WhereEver?(_)),
that means storefront...

JBI is A Start, imnsho
Having bought a trike intentionally stretched the limits of a local
(seasonal) nonprofit before JBI sold many eBents/Adult trike($).
Was hoping to
learn eBike/bent specifics
 by doing
during pandemic downtime,
and have that specialized capability Organizationally/regionally, ...
Etc

Assembly of said trike is
non trivial,
without known good,
Better instructions: (_cabling_ not 1:1 3+ dual, etc)

Next level up(?) is competing/
Diversifying Whole$alers
Given (backlogged: container/trucking) shortages, quality, compatAbility,
etc

QBP takes more hoops iirc
A couple regional brick and mortar CoOp(t)/youth/community shops have both +

MidWay had sales lit at
Regional SouthEast US B!B!
Some years ago:
2017?

Hadn't heard of the other mentioned on thread...

Volunteers may buy at WholeSale prices (~= buying CoOps)
But limited in what can buy/get as NotADealer (items require approvals/
talking to JBI $ales People++) &
Only warranty replacements, etc
 ++special relationships/
contracts with specific manufacturers,
(NDAs??? Minimum Adverti$ed Prices, etc))
 Shimano hubs (which Sun*|Race|Tour|... competes with), for instance, only
used in some built wheels, not available individually, etc.
WholeSale prices Not that different than Employee purchase for some values
of $Employee...

Factoring in VOLUME, shipping v. Freight, labour, hunting down mi$$ing
packages, wrong $tuff from vague/incomplete online descriptions, learning
curves, etc
~= Learning margin$ of commercial shops:
+Collecting Taxes and risks 501c3+
other procedural and legal limits afaict
IANAL$$$

Hth

Std Fine print:
Language 🙊🙈