[TheThinkTank] Losing Our Space, Looking for Strategic Guidance & Advice

Josh Bisker jbisker at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 12:46:55 PDT 2022

Hey pals, the Mechanical Gardens in NYC is losing our home base and needs
to find a new home. I'm wondering if people have advice on any of these
topics:

   - Leveraging a crisis like this into successful fundraising campaigns
   - Propositioning other organizations to partner with you and donate
   space that can house you at a site they control — for example, government
   agencies, real estate developers, community development corporations,
   nonprofits, or for-profits.
   - Some other strategy i'm not seeing here...?

I'm eager to hear what's worked for you, as well as any lessons about what
hasn't. I'm keen to hear specific pieces of advice about how to construct
this pitch or frame the ask, who to engage with, and things like that, and
I'd be grateful if you could share specific resources — a pitch deck, a
proposal document, anything along those lines. NYC is an extraordinarily
hard place for, you know, essentially everything, and real estate is the
hardest thing of all, so things that may have worked in other places simply
might not work here ... but I'm taking all the advice I can get.

xox

Josh

Josh Bisker | 914-500-9890
<http://voice.google.com/calls?a=nc,%2B19145009890>
<http://voice.google.com/calls?a=nc,%2B19145009890>| Executive
Director, Mechanical
Gardens Bike Co-op <http://bikecoop.nyc/>
2022 Donation Drive is ON! Support Bike Equity in NYC Today!
<http://bikecoop.nyc/donate>
Funkrust Brass Band <http://funkrust.com/> | Kessel Run Radio Show on Maker
Park Radio <https://makerparkradio.nyc/shows/the-kessel-run-w-joshjoshjosh/>