I wanted to reach out and tell you all that Working Bikes in Chicago has one position currently posted, but a few more on the way. The current posting, for Community Engagement Manager has a dealine of the end of the week, but applicants from thinktank/bikebike will be accepted for an additional week. Next month we will also be posting for a General Manager and Service department mechanic.
Working Bikes is a 19 year old 501c3 non profit which gives old bikes new homes as tools of empowerment at home and abroad. We directly impact people's ability to access sustainable transportation without barriers. There are 5 walk-in volunteer sessions a week and limitless ways to affect positive change on a global and hyper local level. If anyone has questions, they can email me directly or look out for Keke and Brian at Bike!Bike!... there will be a larger delegation, but I think they will be the best to discuss these positions.
Below is the posting for our Community Engagement Manager. I think it's a bit easier to read at Idealist.org.
peace + bike grease, Paul Fitz
*Community Engagement Manager *
JOB TYPE Full Time
SALARY Minimum: $40,000 Maximum: $40,000
APPLICATION DEADLINE 09/27/2018
ADDRESS 2434 South Western Ave. Chicago IL 60608 United States
DESCRIPTION Position Overview
We are seeking a highly motivated people-person to be our hub for communications, outreach, and administrative tasks for the organization. The ideal candidate will have excellent written and verbal communications skills, will be comfortable working both independently and in collaboration with a wide range of people, will have interests that align with our commitment to environmental and social justice, and will share our enthusiasm for bikes!
Communications and Outreach
· Develop and execute a communications plan in coordination with the Board.
· Manage and create content for social media, e-newsletter, and website.
· Produce special projects as needed, including annual report, marketing materials, and occasional grant applications and reports.
· Write and utilize impact stories featuring bike donation recipients and partners.
· Proactively engage partners and supporters to build and strengthen relationships.
· Correspond with supporters, including bike donation drop off sites and donors, coordinating pick up of bike donations with colleagues and volunteers.
· Work with and recruit volunteers to Communications Committee to disseminate volunteer and event information.
· Spearhead efforts to increase volunteers and bicycle donations.
· Seek out media and other opportunities to raise awareness of Working Bikes’ mission.
· Keep organization stakeholders (staff, volunteers, and Board) abreast of donation needs and progress. Instill enthusiasm for local and international programs.
· Oversee event logistics, including annual fundraiser, bike donation drives, tabling events, and international “shipping parties.”
· Manage event communications, calendar, and staffing.
· Staff occasional tabling events.
· Give presentations to current and prospective supporters about Working Bikes’ mission.
· Manage general organization email accounts, including volunteer and donor inquiries.
· Work with Volunteer Coordinators to schedule and staff volunteer group visits.
· Work with bookkeeper to appropriately acknowledge donors.
· Use Salesforce to manage contacts, donations, events, bike pickups, and volunteers.
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· 3+ years nonprofit, program management, volunteer management, and/or communications experience preferred.
· Strong written and verbal communications skills.
· Superb interpersonal skills. Able to closely collaborate with and engage a wide variety of people, including volunteers, Board members, colleagues, local and international partners, supporters, and program participants.
· Creative, curious, and eager to learn.
· Basic graphic design skills a plus.
· Tech savvy. Skilled user of Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with MailChimp, Salesforce, and WordPress a plus.
· Strong organizational and multitasking skills.
· Self-motivated, comfortable with ambiguity, and flexible.
· Desire to grow with organization and provide leadership, as well as possible supervision of staff.
· Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
· Critical thinker. Consistently identifies, gathers, and applies relevant information to one’s work.
· Enthusiasm for the mission and work of Working Bikes and passion for making the world a better place.
· Spanish speaking a plus.
Working Bikes is an equal opportunity employer. Working Bikes does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
BENEFITS Our benefits package is comprehensive, including paid vacation and health insurance.
LEVEL OF LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY Spanish speaking a plus.
PROFESSIONAL LEVEL Professional
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED 4-year degree
HOW TO APPLY firstname.lastname@example.org https://www.workingbikes.org
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume with the subject line “Community Engagement Manager” to jobs [at] workingbikes [dot] org