*PROGRAM COORDINATOR *
Bike Works, based in Seattle, has been working since 1996 to promote the bicycle as a vehicle for change to empower youth and build resilient communities.
Last year over 2,500 youth and adults participated in our programs.
Our vision is: Mobilized people, thriving communities, healthy planet.
*Role Overview: *
The Bike Works Program Coordinator works with the Programs Team to run our youth and adult programs. This role includes teaching bike repair classes, running bike rides and safety rodeos, and maintaining outreach and redistribution of bicycles to the community. Each day will be a blend of these tasks within a team of four, requiring both collaboration and independence. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who loves to ride bikes and has youth and adult mentoring/teaching experience.
*Priority will be given to candidates who currently live in Seattle.*
*People of color are strongly encouraged to apply. *
*Bike Works is an Equal Opportunity and queer-friendly employer.*
*Essential Job Functions:*
· Works independently, or with the programs team, to run programs; including bike repair classes, bike riding clubs, bike giveaways, summer camps, BikeMobile services, and all community partnerships.
· Maintains outreach efforts for programs by calling, emailing and visiting contacts on a quarterly basis.
· Updates registrations, database, class documents and calendars as needed.
· Coordinates bike storage and bike needs for various programs.
· Maintains classroom environments; cleans and restocks spaces weekly.
*Compensation: * $32,500-$35,500 DOE
Plus full benefits including: employer sponsored health, dental, vision, and life insurance; 12 days of vacation to start (one day each additional year of work); paid organization-wide recess from 12/25 to 1/1 every year; reimbursement for mileage when using bike for work; 10 days sick leave, short and long term disability; employer matching contributions to retirement account; all products in our bike shop and catalog at cost (including new bikes and parts); $250 towards yearly training (outside of all training necessary for the job); casual dress code for work.
*Qualifications & Experience: *
· Experienced bike rider; able to ride a bike long distances, bike touring experience preferred but not necessary.
· Ability to teach in an engaging and yet, challenging manner; prior experience mentoring is necessary, prior experience teaching is preferred.
· Basic knowledge of bike mechanics preferred; willingness to learn necessary.
· Understanding of social justice and awareness of privilege is necessary.
work is required for this position.
· Driver’s license; ability to pass a driving record check & drive large vehicles (vans, trucks) is required for this position.
· Ability to work evenings and weekends is required for this position (general schedule is 10am-6:30pm Tuesday through Saturday with some variation).
*who we are: *
· *collaborative team players*
· *passionate educators *
· *bike riders, bike mechanics*
· *social justice activists*
· *energetic and hard workers who manage time and risk*
· *self-starters with growth mindsets*
· *personable and humorous*
*How to Apply: *
Visit our website at www.bikeworks.org for more information about Bike Works.
Email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
*NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE*
*Applications accepted until Saturday November 25th at 5pm*
*We plan to make the offer by 12/15*
*Job starts on 1/2/2018*