Cycles of Change APC Bike Shop seeks a Bicycle Repair Coordinator to join our fantastic, fast-paced and friendly grassroots, not-for-profit community bike shop in Alameda.
The shop provides people of all backgrounds and ages earn-a-bike and job training programs, do-it-together repair access, bicycle donation drop-off and much more! The shop offers a full-range of services which fund the shop including sales of used bicycle and parts, and comprehensive bicycle repair services.
We seek a staff person who will professionally and productively repair bicycles. The Cycles of Change APC shop has been thriving and this position is critical to its ongoing success.
The primary responsibilities of this position are:
• Repairs: o Repair a very wide range of used bicycles professionally and efficiently. o Excellent familiarity with compatibility and quality of used bicycle components.
• Sales o Sell refurbished bicycles to people of all incomes and backgrounds from all over the Bay Area.
• Saturday shop o Staff our community shop on Saturdays in order to assist with bike sales and helping visitors.
• Active team member o This job requires that you have the passion for expertly repairing bikes, and that you deeply believe in the mission of the project.
Following qualities are some which are important for success at this position:
• Able to communicate effectively and patiently with people of all ages, backgrounds, preferences and income levels individually and in groups whether selling a bike, meeting with other staff/volunteers or teaching a young person how to fix a flat. • Ability to stay organized and grounded while multi-tasking. • Able to travel to Alameda 3-4 times per week, including Saturdays from 10am-5pm. • Commitment to recycling, reusing and reducing consumption in carrying out the work. • Strong desire to promote bicycle use as a strategy to strengthen the health and sustainability of communities.
HOW TO APPLY: In order to apply for this position, please send or email, your resume and a brief letter of introduction about your interest and experience to:
See our craigslist posting at: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/npo/1274851559.html
Mailing address: Cycles of Change APC 677 W. Ranger Avenue Alameda, CA 94501
COMPENSATION: This position pays $15/hour for between 12-20 hours per week. There are no additional benefits to this position currently, and we’re working on offering health benefits soon! There may be opportunities for increased hours in the Fall. We are an equal opportunity employer. Women, People of Color, and people with experience working w/ African-American and/or formerly homeless people and Alameda residents are strongly encouraged to apply!