[image: Los Angeles County Bicycle
Attention Cyclists: We have an important opportunity to demand that the Expo
Bikeway is built!
WHAT: Expo Board of Directors meeting
WHEN: Thursday, April 2, 2:30pm
WHERE: Kenneth Hahn Hall of Administration , 500 W. Temple Street, Third
Floor, Board of Supervisors' Hearing Room 381 B
The Expo Board will vote on a design alternative for Phase 2 (Culver City to
Santa Monica) and they must address outstanding bikeway issues. At this
meeting, we need to get a commitment that they will build the bikeway.
Please attend this meeting and speak in support of the Expo Bikeway project!
You don't need a polished presentation; just let them know we need this and
it needs to be done right. Here are some key points:
- The bikeway must be built with the Expo project. Since it was not
included in the Draft-EIR, we need a commitment and a plan from Expo on how
that will happen.
- Some intersections where Expo proposes the bikeway go have serious
problems with road crossings: Venice & Robertson, Pico @ Gateway, Olympic @
Stewart. Expo needs to work with LA and Santa Monica to find safe and
- Expo, Metro and the cities need to find funding for the bikeway so that it
can be built at the same time as the rail line.
- If the Expo Bikeway is not built at the same time as the rail line, costs
will increase dramatically and construction difficulties could be created
- The goal of the Expo project is to reduce auto use. The bikeway is a
critical component because it can deliver transit users to stations without
car trips and provides a much-needed crosstown commuter bikeway.
We need as many cyclists' voices as possible to ensure the building of the