Hi everyone, we here at Baltimore's Velocipede Bike Project are in the
middle of applying for 501(c)(3). We're actually a little apprehensive
about Part IV of the Application and was wondering if other collectives out
there who do have this status can help out. Specifically, we're not 100%
sure how to go about writing a "Narrative Description of Activities"...
here's what the application says:
Part IV. Narrative Description of Your Activities
Describe completely and in detail your past, present, and planned
activities. Do not refer to or repeat the purposes in your organizing
document. You may refer to other parts of the application rather than repeat
information provided elsewhere.
For each past, present, or planned activity, include information that
answersthe following questions.
* What is the activity?
* Who conducts the activity?
* When is the activity conducted?
* Where is the activity conducted (for example: Los Angeles and San
* How does the activity further your exempt purposes?
* What percentage of your total time is allocated to the activity?
* How is the activity funded? (This should agree with the financial data in
* List any alternate names under which you operate, including any “aka”
(also known as) or “dba” (doing business as) names.
If you have a website, you may attach a paper copy to support your narrative
description of activities.
We at Velocipede was wondering if there are other collectives that have
already done this part and could show us your answers just as an example.
We're not 100% sure how detailed we should go, etc... any help is
thanks in advance. if you don't want to spam the list please feel free to
email me directly at boson.au(a)gmail.com
Velocipede Bike Project